- Drives delivery vehicle to customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom to load or unload material. Driver will operate either a articulating drywall boom truck or straight truck which requires a Class B CDL, or a stick crane attached to a road tractor which requires a Class A CDL.
- Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
- Calculates boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and machine will not be damaged. Ensures load is not over weight limits and adheres to DOT regulations.
- Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
- Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
- Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 21+ years of age
- A valid Class A or B CDL license
- A boom/crane operator license
- A minimum of two (2) years of driving experience and prior boom/crane experience
- Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card
- Forklift certification a plus