February 17, 2018
The CNC Operator performs all tasks involved in the machining of aluminum and brass forging into finished products. CNC Operator will follow and maintain quality standards throughout the process as well as maintain standard work practices and safe work habits to ensure production is ran efficiently and safely as possible. Key Responsibilities
- Machine forging into finished product.
- Maintain run efficiencies and quality standards for each machine.
- Promptly communicates to supervisor any issues concerning health, safety, quality and efficiencies.
- Meets the quality standards required by customer specifications.
- Ability to work on multiple CNC lathes and mills.
- Follow company procedures and policies.
- Assist other operators.
- Communicate production operations written and verbal.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products.
- Packs finished products into correct totes.
- Tracks production through the GEMBA process and data collection system.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issue.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 30 minute commute from Harrisonburg or Waynesboro.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Previous CNC or machining experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Must be able to use hand tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency.
- Ability to read micrometers and calipers a plus.
- Candidates must be able to effectively communicate.