January 10, 2019
Temporary to Permanent
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
- Perform pick and pack functions as required.
- Correspond with multiple shipping companies and their contacts.
- Use multiple shipping companies’ software to ship and track packages.
- Coordinate trailers to corresponding dock doors and cross docks using the OMA (Outbound Manifest Accuracy) tool.
- Troubleshoot shipping problems and errors to resolution.
- Communicate well with fellow employees and coordinate activities according to needs.
- Comprehensive understanding of shipping requirements, rules, and obligations by carrier, destination, and package type.
- Identifying and addressing safety hazards within the work area, to include the docks and trailers.
- Able to communicate well with peers, managers and outside carriers
- Well organized and detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Accurate, reliable and understand the importance of deadlines
- Able to work as required to satisfy deadlines
- Able to be proactive and work well with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Need to know or be able to learn the shipping process
- Need to know or be able to learn OMA and carrier provided shipping tools
- Prior experience managing employees
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills