August 4, 2018
Drywall Finishers are responsible for applying drywall compound to the seams between drywall panels and to nail and screw indentations on the surface of the panels. The finisher will work on new walls and ceilings, and may repair existing walls as well. He may prepare high walls and ceilings that require the use of ladders or scaffolding.
Drywall Tapers, also called drywall finishers, prepare a wet compound, press it into joints, nail or screw holes in the drywall and cover the wet material with tape. When a high level of finish is required, they may also apply two more coats of compound, each of which is sanded to make it smooth. Drywall tapers may use automatic tools to apply tape and compound in one step, as well as spray guns to apply decorative, textured surfaces.
- Fill joints in-between panels with spackle.
- Use trowels to spread spackle.
- Press paper tape into compound.
- Smooth away excess material.
- Cover nail and screw depressions with spackle.
- Apply second and third coats of compound.
- Sand areas after each coat
- DURATION: October, 2018 through May 2019
- SALARY: $23.00 per/hr
Drywall tapers need good vision, manual dexterity and attention to detail. According to the Occupational Information Network (ONET), they should also have a tolerance for prolonged standing, bending and stretching.Must be able to pass Federal Security Screening