Handyman: Farm and Building Maintenance
April 22, 2019
Temporary to Permanent
Experienced Farm and Building Maintenance worker needed for a temp to hire assignment with a Nature Research Center in Culpeper County. Candidates must be able to operate a forklift, riding mower, string trimmer, small Kubota tractor, bushhog, tiller, snow blower, power washer, and leaf blower. The use of basic hand tools and power tools is also required. This position requires the ability to do basic painting and carpentry work to perform small repairs, and to make partnerships with any outside contractors used. Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to work with limited supervision. A profound respect for nature and wildlife is essential for this role.
- Salary: $13.00 - $14.00 per/hr
- Must be able to safely lift up to 60 lbs.
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and landscaping related work experience
- Requires computer skills for email and ordering supplies
- Candidates need to have a valid Driver’s License
- Has to be comfortable working at a small woman’s owned business and taking instruction from women
- The ability to pass a drug test and a background check