Forge Press Operator
May 29, 2018
Temporary to Permanent
The Forge Press Operator performs all tasks involved in the forging of metals into finished parts.
- Forge slugs into finished parts.
- Follow company procedures and policies.
- Assist other operators.
- Communicate production operations written and verbal.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products.
- Packs finished good into correct totes.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Must be able to use hand tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency.
While performing the duties of a Forge Press Operator, the employee is exposed to heat, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, and able to each with hands and arms.
30 minute commute from Harrisonburg or Waynesboro.