Forge Press Operator
February 17, 2018
The Forge Press Operator performs all tasks involved in the forging of aluminum or brass slugs into finished parts. Forge Press Operator will follow and maintain quality standards throughout the process; as well as, maintain standard work practices and safe work habits to ensure production is ran efficiently and safely as possible. Key Responsibilities
- Forge slugs into finished parts.
- Maintain run efficiencies established for each machine.
- Promptly communicates to supervisor any issues concerning health, safety, quality and efficiencies.
- Meets the quality standards required by customer specifications.
- Maintain housekeeping around assigned operations.
- Follow company procedures and policies.
- Assist other operators.
- Communicate production operations written and verbal.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products.
- Packs finished good into correct totes.
- Tracks production through the GEMBA process and data collection system.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issue.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 30 minute commute from Harrisonburg or Waynesboro.
- Mondays – Thursday 5am-3pm and 3pm-1am
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Experienced Operators preferred but will train right candidates.
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Must be able to use hand tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency.