October 5, 2018
- In addition to always having safety on their minds, forklift drivers have many duties they are expected to know how to complete. To uphold safety standards and to be a good role model for fellow employees is the first and most important duty.
- Other duties of a forklift driver include keeping your work area clean, taking care of your forklift, making sure you have all the supplies you need, managing inventory, and helping with deliveries.
- Once you know the basic duties of the warehouse then you are ready to learn what it takes to operate a forklift. All of these job aspects are important parts of the job and are required by most employers.
- All of these forklift driver duties may or may not be expected of you in the field but are good to know because in the event that a new situation arises you will be ready to tackle it with confidence.
- Need to have reliable transportation
- One year or more experience
- Positive attitude and reliability