- Demonstrates technical proficiency in multiple aspects of one of the following work processes (i.e. Various types of excavation for commercial, private, public, state, etc.).
- Supervises hourly crew members and plans/schedules manpower and equipment as needed.
- May assist with deliveries from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure safety, profit, scheduling compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in all customer and inspector relations/interactions.
- Plans and directs work for his or her crew and maximizes equipment utilization.
- Makes sure all of the elevations are correct for proper drainage and utility installs.
- Communicates productivity metrics, quality standards and daily performance to crew members.
- Ensures work site is prepared for the next crew.
- Conducts Daily Huddle meetings.
- Supervises hourly operations personnel including laborers, equipment operators, drivers, etc.
- Follows company plans to identify conditions and exposures, proper safety and personal protective equipment and accident investigation and reporting.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Field Managers, Superintendents and the customer to implement successful project plans.
- Provides on the job training to crew members for assigned tasks.
- Maintains performance documentation and provides input to salary and promotional recommendations.
- Administers disciplinary action for crew members and subcontractors as appropriate and consults with Superintendent/Trade Superintendent as needed for resolution.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development and retention.
Salary Range: $23.00 - $26.00 an hour depending on work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- Minimum 3 years of construction experience in at least one trade discipline (i.e., excavation, pipe, concrete or paving, building) with one or more years construction supervisory experience preferred,
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Background/Drug screening
Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance. Occasionally requires the ability to sit, use hands/fingers, stoop, kneel and crouch. Frequently requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Exposure to the following environmental conditions: wet and/or humid (non-weather) conditions, moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, work with explosives and vibration. Subject to loud noise levels due to equipment operation.