Goodwin William Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Grading General Superintendent to join our team/work with one of our clients in the Richmond, VA area. We are looking for someone with a strong background in Heavy Civil Construction for both private and public work. Experience with road building, underground utilities, site work, subcontractor and project field management, all aspects of grading, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Job Location: Rockville, Virginia
• As the Superintendent, you will lead, manage, and oversee overall project work plans and progress for the project.
• You will work closely with the management team to ensure the focus remains on company goals, such as safety, quality and workmanship that meets the Company's and Owner's standards.
• You will be responsible to ensure all grade work is completed in the most cost effective and safe manner.
• You will work with the team to review and maintain project profit and loss, project status reporting, productivity, equipment needs, site supervision, quality estimating, and ensure the continued development of a qualified team goals are met.
• Daily direction and coordination of the projects by the Superintendent ensures that the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget and on schedule.
Job Requirements & Skills:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work and think independently, solve problems and be able to lead a team/crew.
• Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
• Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to construction and building sites.
• Thorough understanding of quality construction practices.
• Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
• Ability to recognize trade talents and weaknesses in a non-union environment.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (equivalent work experience will be considered).
• 10+ years of heavy civil construction experience with exposure to infrastructure projects preferred.
• Experience managing several heavy civil construction projects, simultaneously or a large complex heavy civil project with multiple trades and numerous crews.
• Additional experience with federal/state/DOT contracts, specifications, reports, and records preferred.
• Experience with trade supervision, including performance assessments is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
• Experience with hiring and assistance with training.