November 15, 2017
Temporary to Permanent
Primary Functions, Responsibilities and Duties: To provide basic kennel services on site at the facility in Virginia, which houses daily anywhere from 12 to 30 dogs and or puppies. To include but not limited to:
- Daily clean-out of pens
- Food and watering of all dogs
- Exercising dogs
- Keep health logs and doing daily health checks on the dogs as directed by the Director of Training or Head Trainers
- Administration of medications to dogs as needed and as directed by the Director of Training
- Grooming of dogs
- Performing General Physical Activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and body movement such as climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, handling of service dog simultaneous with work materials.
- Getting Information by observing, receiving and obtaining information from relevant sources such as staff, collaborators and partners.
- Identifying Objects, Actions and Event by categorizing, estimating and recognizing differences or similarities, detecting and appropriately reacting to changes in circumstances and or events.
- Devising a Schedule Whereby you can maintain the overall duties associated with kennel upkeep and dogs’ health.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with staff, partners and collaborators, and maintaining good relationships over time.
This is a physically demanding position that requires kennel staff to walk and control dogs of various sizes and breeds. Physical ability to maintain dog kennels in a consistently clean and safe way is imperative. Ability to recognize the symptoms of an unwell dog, under the guidance and direction of supervisors, which is also imperative. Ability to work in outside environment—cold and heat is required.
- A minimum two years experience working with or training dogs is a plus.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- A background screening is required.
- Qualified candidate must enjoy working with dogs and be passionate about improving the quality of life for the disabled.