Goodwin William Staffing is looking for an experienced Lead Process Specialist to join our team/work with one of our clients in Charlottesville, VA. The successful candidate will work closely with the Engineering & Operations Manager and involves leading a shift operation for the plant. Daily activities will include operations, material handling, process testing, and sanitation.
Initial process development work prior to startup:
• Train on plant operations and help develop procedures for operators to follow
• Assist with setup of plant systems including process visual aids and organization
• Learn the process flow and become trained in all regulatory safety requirements for plant operation
Plant operator work:
• Understand and enforce company safety and quality policy
• Lead the other shift operators and assist with their training and development
• Understand pilot plant operations and able to run different scenarios as needed
• Operation of a continuous pilot plant
• Unit operations which involve loading large 2000 lb bags of ingredient to feed the line, daily cleaning, operation of process systems (valves, tanks, and pumps) involved in the process, and removal of 2000 lb bags of finished product. Involves sample taking and analysis.
• Once weekly major cleanups that involve operation of Clean-In-Place systems and cleanup documentation
• Receive and store shipments
• Forklift operation
• Inventory control
• The Lead Process Specialist is responsible for training new employees as well as monitoring activities during their assigned shift to ensure that production objectives are met in conjunction with safety and quality standards.
• Responsible for making decisions related to manufacturing, quality, and safety issues
• They provide leadership to their assigned crew by setting behavioral standards, providing guidance to team employees, relaying management’s expectations for their daily production goals.
Available Shifts: Day & Night
(This is a shift position consisting of 12 hour shifts that rotate every two weeks day shift to night shift)
Benefits & Work Environment:
• Experience working in the fast-paced environment
• A small and dedicated team where all members have an impact on the success of the organization
• A work environment where your voice matters - open communication is desired!
• Competitive compensation – starting pay rate: $23 per hour
• Benefits, including health Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan contributions, and more
• Excellent organization and time management for performing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to follow processes and procedures involved in plant operation
• Ability to problem solve and trouble-shoot
• Strong work ethic and business ethics
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to stand for extended periods and occasionally lift 30+ lbs
• BONUS: Previous experience working in a process facility and forklift experience