Handyman & Mailroom Assistant
June 20, 2019
Temporary to Permanent
Experienced Farm and Building Maintenance Handyman and Mailroom Attendant needed for a temporary-to-hire, full-time assignment with a Nature Research Center in Culpeper County. Candidates must have basic computer skills and be proficient with hand tools and power tools. This position requires the ability to do basic painting, plumbing, and carpentry work to perform small repairs. Mailroom responsibilities include partnering with the customer service team to receive invoices, pick and pack orders, create shipping labels, and maintain stock of products sold. Must be self-motivated, organized, mature, responsible, and able to work with limited supervision. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration!
- Must be able to safely lift up to 60 lbs.
- Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, and mail room related work experience
- Requires basic computer skills for email, ordering supplies, creating shipping labels, and record keeping
- Candidates need to have a valid Driver’s License
- Has to be comfortable working at a small woman’s owned business and taking instruction from women
- The ability to pass a drug test and a lifetime background check
- A profound respect for nature and wildlife is essential to success