Goodwin William Staffing is seeking a Preconstruction Manager to join our team/work with one of our clients in Charlottesville, VA. We are looking for someone that can immediately add value to the organization and mesh with the dynamic, hardworking, and adaptable team that exists today.
You will be working with talented, smart people at a company you can feel proud to work for. Someone who has the ability to work on interesting and innovative landmark and historic projects during a time of dynamic growth in the city of Charlottesville. This is a place where you can grow and create a long-lasting career that fits you. You will have the opportunity to work on impactful projects that are known throughout the community.
Under the direction of the Vice President this position will:
• Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades. Be technically savvy. Utilizing on-screen take off software is required.
• Develop and prepare conceptual estimates with minimal subcontractor assistance using limited preliminary design documents/information.
• Develop subcontract interest in projects and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
• Qualify and level subcontractors' proposals according to project specifics.
• Thoroughly evaluate scope of work on subcontract proposals and mange any scope gaps.
• Itemize trade specific scopes and prepare bid packages.
• Prepare detailed critical path job schedules.
• Interact with clients, architects, engineers and Local Jurisdictions to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
Annual Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,0000
Supplemental Bonus Pay
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• 4 Year degree in Construction Management, Engineering & 5 +/- years construction experience, or 10+/- years of experience. Estimating, 5 years (Preferred)
• A Team Player that works well with others and can effectively direct and manage others.
• Desired Skills and Experience Relevant Commercial Construction Estimating experience including conceptual budgeting.
• A leader that assumes total responsibility for their work.
• Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures, and market trends.
• Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
• Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Proficient with commercial estimating software such as: Pro Est, MC2, Timberline/SageCRE, QuickBid, On-Screen Takeoff, etc.
• Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
• Excellent leadership, personable, communication, and written skills.
• Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel.
• Meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
• Review basic software generated estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity.
Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
All individuals must have a COVID vaccine by October 1, 2021.
All other state guidelines will be followed.