Goodwin William Staffing is looking for experienced Process Specialists to join our team/work with one of our clients near Charlottesville, VA. Individuals to assist in build-out and operation of a Demonstration Plant. The successful candidates will work closely with the Engineering & Operations Manager and involves leading a shift operation for the plant. Daily activities will include operations, material handling, process testing, sanitation, and other related tasks. The manufacturing process is a 24/7 operation, and the Process Specialist will work twelve hour shifts, either days or nights. The shift schedule will rotate days worked every other week, working either a three day week or four day week (i.e., working Monday-Wednesday one week and then Thursday-Sunday the next week).
- Report to Engineering & Operations Manager
- Learn the process flow and become trained in all requirements for operating the plant in a manner that is safe and fully compliant with all regulation
- Work safely at all times. Follow operating procedures and comply with all policies related to safe and high-quality operation of the manufacturing plant.
- Be agile. Able to run different operating scenarios for the demo plant, as needed.
- Execute various unit operations including:
- Forklift operations, transporting materials within the facility
- Loading large 2000 lb bags of ingredient to feed the line
- Addition of minor ingredients and chemicals
- Daily cleaning to maintain food safe and sanitary conditions
- Operation of process systems (valves, tanks, and pumps)
- Process monitoring, including taking samples and analyzing parameters such as pH, conductivity, and composition
- Packaging finished product, ensuring proper labeling, and moving 2000 lb bags of finished product into warehouse
- Execute major cleanup protocols that involve operating Clean-In-Place systems
- Receive and store inbound shipments to the facility. Pick and ship outbound shipments. Operate forklift, as needed, and document movements for inventory control.
- Complete all documentation required to meet food safety, accounting, and operational protocols
- Other duties, as may be assigned, to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Demonstration Plant
Starting Pay Rate:
- Day Shift - $21.00 per hour
- Night Shift - $22.00 per hour
Benefits & Work Environment:
- Experience working in the fast-paced environment in beautiful and entrepreneurial Charlottesville, VA
- A work environment where your voice matters – open communication is encouraged!
- The opportunity to become part of an entrepreneurial, high energy team and to have a big impact
- Competitive Benefits