April 6, 2018
Temporary to Permanent
Goodwin William Staffing is seeking yard workers for a building company. The position requires experience in pulling lumber. If you have experience in forklift operation, it is a plus. You must learn the lumber and plywood products and be able to commit to a long-term assignment. The schedule is Monday–Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This job is an outdoors job. You will be exposed to the elements; including heat, rain, wind, and snow. ACTIVITIES:
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive trucks and control movement of lifting apparatus
- Positions forks, lifting platforms, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or material or hooks tow truck or trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Loads and unloads materials onto or off the pallets, skids, or lifting device
- Perform all duties satisfactorily
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present info in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions: written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in situations
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to move and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to be exposed to various types of weather conditions