Unloader/Loader Material Handler
October 2, 2018
Temporary to Permanent
A Material Handler loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using .
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- At least 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull packages up to 70 pounds in weight
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds consecutively
- Ability to read labels and charts
- Ability to memorize and carry out instructions
- Ability to work rapidly for long periods of time
- Ability to apply plastic wrap around palletized packages from floor level up to 77 inches
- Ability to apply new learning
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Must have Reliable Transportation