Position: Direct Hire / Full Benefits Package
- Maintains and develops a highly effective organization to fulfill Direct-to-Consumer retail products to customers in a timely manner within 24-48 hours.
- Ensures that the proper management oversight, expectations and methods for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment within all operations.
- Oversees hiring, training, evaluation and productivity of warehouse staff. Ensure the warehouse has a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Oversees and manages relationship with 3PL’s to ensure operations meets customer demands and requirements. Responsible for ensuring contract requirements are fully met.
- Works with the Director of Retail to prepare for and successfully manage seasonal peaks and day-to-day service levels.
- Manages resources expertly while driving continuous improvements and achieving various financial, operational, service and organization improvement targets.
- Works with others throughout the organization to understand business, industry and operational realities and trends that impact the Distribution Center performance.
- Adapts quickly to internal and/or external changes, needs for new capabilities or disruptions that affect service, costs, facilities, associates (Shipping or 3PL), etc.
- Ensures clear and measurable KPIs are in place for all operations. Manages in a fact-based manner and ensures effective measurements are in place across the distribution network.
- Work with shipping providers to maintain competitive pricing and service levels.
- Responsible for ordering all packaging and supplies for the warehouse.
- Responsible for inventory accountability in the warehouse. This includes maintaining proper bin locations, conducting cycle counts, resolving inventory discrepancies and assisting with yearly comprehensive inventory.
- Oversees the forklift training and certification program.
- Develops annual expense and capital budgets, working with designated retail team members.
- Ensures capital maintenance and upgrades are performed on a timely basis and consistent with budget to ensure on-going and safe operations. Proposes capital enhancements to improve service quality, productivity improvements, throughput or storage expansion, etc.
- 5-10 years’ experience in supply chain operations including extensive experience in both warehousing and material handling automation.
- Professional experience should be gained predominately in high volume, fast moving consumer facing industries. Retail industries preferred.
- Strong computer skills using POS systems, Windows and Excel spreadsheets.
- Positive motivator of hourly and team leaders as measured by retention and positive views of the working environment.
- Experience working with 3PL partner(s) to accomplish short- term and long- term business goals.
- Experience managing an hourly direct workforce as well as third party logistics providers.
- Excellent negotiation skills as well as verbal and written communication skills. Ability to negotiate important contracts with outbound and inbound shipping resources.
- Experience with importing containers from overseas.
- Highly adept at balancing and achieving complex objectives related to service, cost, safety, organization health and stability, and customer requirements.
- Ability to influence internally and externally at all levels of an organization.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and proven ability to apply industry best practices to a growing operation.
- In depth knowledge of distribution terms, warehouse operations, workforce management, productivity, and material handling equipment.
- Must have experience with automated and mechanized material handling equipment.
- Expert knowledge of industry and functional trends and best practices.
Physical Demands and Work Considerations
- There are many interruptions and the person in this position must be able to maintain focus and maintain accuracy in this environment.
- The need to stand for periods of time, lift to 25 lbs. or work in a non-temperature- controlled environment.
- Must adhere to all Foundation policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in supply chain or operations related field preferred