September 26, 2018
Temporary to Permanent
SALARY: $20.00 per hour
- Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly storage lot oriented toward maximizing efficiency in servicing the plant needs.
- Operate Yard Truck in a safe manner during numerous roll-on/roll-off procedures daily involving loaded and empty containers.
- Drive and operate vehicle under 15 mph in and around the plant and storage lot/staging area.
- Be cognizant of the reality that the operation is a low mileage severe duty function requiring particular attention to preventive maintenance checks and services as well as actual scheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Must be aware that operations occur on asphalt, concrete and gravel surfaces in a hostile environment often contaminated with material subject to embedding in tires.
- Responsible for accounting for records involving container numbers, gross weights, tare weights, and net weights on the scale log sheet to include source and type of material.
- Must function and interact on a daily basis with plant personnel and comply with plant safety requirements.
- Communicate using cellular telephone or 2-way radio with dispatch, operations, and plant personnel.
- Security of valuable commodities and the storage area itself are a major area of concern for the Yard Jockey, occasionally requiring guidance from supervisory personnel regarding disposition.
- Duties and Tasks as assigned by Management.
- CDL-A required and Yard Jockey experience is preferred
- One year or more experience
- Need to have reliable transportation
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player