Goodwin William Staffing is seeking a qualified CNC Lathe Machinist to join our team/work with one of our clients in the Hampton Roads, VA area. Someone who is highly experienced to lead the CNC lathe operations to include assisting other personnel in the set-up, operation and troubleshooting of all lathe projects.
- Required to consult with shop management regarding approach to accomplishing CNC lathe project requirements to include desired tool requirements and CNC program approach.
- Must possess extensive experience in the set-up and operation of CNC Turning Centers to manufacture parts to customer prints and specifications.
- Ability to instruct and oversee other personnel conducting lathe operations. Candidate must be able to perform minor program edits on Fanuc controlled CNC machines and provided recommended edits to the programming department personnel.
- Shall be required to inspect work during machining operations to verify that quality standards are met or exceeded.
- A working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is desired.
- A self-starter and possess their own tools as well as able to communicate effectively with co-workers, programming personnel and supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 8AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday