Goodwin William Staffing is looking for a qualified Multifamily Construction Superintendent to join our team/work with one of our clients on projects located in Charlottesville, VA. Someone with a minimum five (5) years of field leadership experience with project size of $10 million and greater. Looking for wood frame multifamily candidates. Must possess strong communication and computer skills, to include project scheduling software.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day on-site management of construction activities including maintaining the project progress schedule, coordinating work with internal resources and subcontractors, preparing material takeoffs, material management, reviewing subcontracts, reviewing estimates, evaluating change orders, and interfacing with customers.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, organizes & schedules activities to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Daily communications of all on site activities, issues, and progress to the Project Manager/Supervisors.
- Working with Project Manager to ensure projects costs, schedule and quality are maintained.
- Reviews the contract documents and ensures the project is in compliance.
- Conducts weekly project meetings to coordinate and communicate project status and ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Assist the Project Manager in the permitting process.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing jobsite safety and security measures. This shall include weekly safety compliance inspections, conducting Safety and Environmental Orientations with subcontractors, conducting weekly safety and environmental talks at the production meetings, and obtaining weekly safety meeting minutes from the subcontractors. Assist the Safety Director with the Job Hazard Analysis.
- Assist in shop drawing and submittal process.
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices and work with Project Manager to develop costing projections.
- Coordinates temporary facilities for the project.
- Primary problem solver and handles conflict resolution related to field activities. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining project records including all current plans, RFIs, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation in an organized fashion.
- Oversee and track the warranty service process during and after project completion.
- Actively share knowledge and lessons learned from project experience.
Annual Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Direct Hire / Full Benefits Package & Vehicle Allowance