Goodwin William Staffing is seeking Experienced Cooks to join our team/work with one of our clients in Newport News, VA in a full service restaurant environment. These individuals will be responsible for cooking and preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Cooks will safely handle knives and equipment such as grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc... Sun - Thurs; 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Start date; August 12th or August 13th, depending on the job/work schedule.
Dress code; Black pants (no leggings), black slip resistant shoes, and white collared shirt. No facial piercings. No facial tattoos.
Parking; Temporary parking permit issued on site.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co workers, etc.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
Available Positions: Full-time, Part-time
- Sun - Thurs; 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 - $16.80 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- restaurant cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person