Goodwin William Staffing is seeking a Custodial Supervisor to join our team/work with one of our clients in Charlottesville, VA. The Custodial Supervisor will coordinate and mentor custodians on staff to promote guest friendly behaviors and efficient service. Essential functions include scheduling custodial staff, inspecting work areas, coordinating custodial vendors, ordering supplies, and providing guest friendly safe housekeeping services for guest and staff facilities during regular operations and special events.
Position: Full-time, Temp-to-perm
Primary Job Duties
- Serves as the departmental lead to frontline custodial staff members.
- Schedules staff to perform routine custodial services and coordinates special event support with Director of Facilities. Approves time off and timesheets for custodial staff.
- Provides leadership and coaching on cleaning guest service delivery by leading by example and self-performing housekeeping services.
- Ensures that staff maintain the cleanliness of facilities to the highest standards daily.
- Ensures that custodial staff promptly receive all pertinent company-wide memos and updates by posting on staff bulletin board and by email.
- Performs routine facility inspections for the spaces cleaned and maintained by the custodial team, coordinating housekeeping and maintenance services when necessary. Provides prompt written reports to Director of Facilities of spaces requiring repairs and pest control.
- Conducts routine inventory to ensures that paper, soap, and other cleaning supplies are properly stocked in visitor and staff facilities. Places orders with various vendors when needed.
- Schedules custodial team and cleaning contractors for regular operations and special events.
- Organizes and provides custodial staff breaks, ensuring equity of breaks, adherence to company guidelines, and optimal service to visitors.
- Provides safety training and instruction for custodial staff. Consults with the Director of Facilities and Director of Safety and Security on any questions related to OSHA.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Supervisory skills, including team building and staff mentoring.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to use basic cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Must have knowledge of Material Safety Data (OSHA MSDS) and Blood borne pathogens
- Safe driving record (verifiable).
- Exemplary guest service skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse populations.
Physical Demands and Work Considerations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; weekend work required, including holidays.
- Evening and after hours required for special events.
- On-call duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience in housekeeping or another service industry is required. Four or more years of experience in housekeeping, including the ability to demonstrate use of cleaning equipment and supplies, with experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity is highly preferred.