Goodwin William Staffing is looking for full-time Custodians for work located in Albemarle County, VA. Primary job functions will be cleaning and refinishes hard and soft floor surfaces, moving furniture, and maintaining the immediate perimeter of designated building grounds. Work will be performed under limited supervision by following a frequency of task assignments, using prescribed chemicals and machinery.
Essential functions include and are not limited to the following:
- Adheres to safety procedures and policies
- Removes trash and recyclables, sweeps, dust mops, vacuums, sanitizes restrooms, cleans glass, cleans horizontal and vertical surfaces, restocks paper and soap dispensers
- Is responsible for the proper care and storage of all cleaning equipment and cleaning materials
- Maintains thorough inventory of custodial supplies and notifies appropriate party when items need to be ordered.
- Responds to a variety of requests from property administrators and staff to include moving furniture, unloading and storing deliveries, setting up for functions and activities
- Attends to various internal and external group meetings
- Follows Blood-Borne Pathogen procedures, responds to accidents or potential safety hazards which may require contact with chemical spills, blood, or other bodily fluids
- Maintains building perimeter by sweeping walkways, disposing debris and trash, notifying appropriate personnel of any damages or potential problems.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of high school, and one year of work experience in a custodial or janitorial setting
- Ability to lift and move over 25 pounds
- Prefer experience with planning work tasks, prioritizing, and maintaining inventory records.
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred
- Satisfactory health condition in order to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to follow direction, work independently, perform basic math to include computation of dilution ratios towards the proper mixture of cleaning solutions
- Ability to use personal computer and email applications, and operate industrial cleaning maintenance equipment
- Must work well in a team setting, demonstrate effective communication skills and positive customer service skills.
- Must exercise good judgment and balance needs of various customer user-groups
- Ability to coordinate work activities, handle complaints, express a service-oriented attitude and to get along with others is essential
- Work is typically performed walking, standing, bending or reaching and is physically repetitive
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds continuously, up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures, and weather conditions such as snow and ice
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous substances
- Flexible shift work required, weekend work may be required