Goodwin William Staffing is looking for Electricians to join our team/work with one of our clients in Harrisonburg, VA.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists with new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring the reliable installation of backup power systems or other installations as assigned.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit. Pulls wiring through conduit. Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps according to electrical code. Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels. Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Services and maintains low and medium voltage switch gear.
- Provide electrical planning and support as required for all projects.
- Provide input and recommendations on all aspects of electrical safety as part of daily responsibilities.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains industrial control equipment such as motors, variable speed drives, temperature controls, proximity sensors, photoelectric devices, pressure switches, and programmable logic controllers.
- Assists with the training and development of other team members assigned to the projects they are responsible for.
- Completes annual updates of OSHA required training as assigned by supervisor.
- Reports all safety malfunctions, near hits, and/or injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00 - $25.00, DOE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of other employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to have good communication skills. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.