Goodwin William Staffing is looking for a Project Executive to join our team/work with one of our construction clients in the Hampton Roads, VA area. The Project Executive will lead multiple project teams and is responsible for the overall coordination and management of new multifamily construction projects throughout all phases of the development process.
Direct Hire / Bonus Structure / Full Benefits Package / Vehicle Allowance
Annual Salary: $135,000 - $150,000, DOE
Primary Job Duties to include but are not limited to:
The Project Executive shall report to the Vice President of Construction and shall be responsible for providing overall leadership direction on multiple development projects. Specific duties shall include:
- Management of multiple project teams, including the coordination of contract documents to ensure accuracy, quality, value and compliance with standards and the budget.
- Managing relationships with third party owners and owners’ representatives to ensure repeat business.
- Lead project teams in the bidding, negotiation, and contract/subcontract award process for new construction.
- Lead and mentor project teams on all aspects of contracts (writing, change orders, invoices, and progress payments).
- Direct and manage the construction process.
- Monitor and maintain project budgets and costs.
- Attend and conduct weekly progress meetings with the project teams to ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Attend all OAC meetings to monitor teams’ interaction with owners’ reps and consultants and provide senior leadership when necessary.
- Primary problem solver and advisor to teams on conflict resolution. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Ensure project records are being properly maintained including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation.
- Actively share knowledge and lessons learned from project experience.
- Employee will be responsible for assisting pre-construction department and directing and managing construction teams for multiple projects simultaneously. Employee shall possess the ability to mentor and coach project team members as appropriate.
Interaction With Other Employees and The Public:
- Position requires extensive interaction with owners, third-party representatives, senior management, co-employees, public officials, design consultants, general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors. Employee is expected to work well with others and exhibit a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Position requires minimal physical lifting of construction documents and requires extensive walking during jobsite visits.
Position may require local travel 2-3 days per week to jobsites.