Goodwin William Staffing is seeking Room Attendants to join our team/work with one of our clients in Charlottesville, VA. Individuals will have the overall responsibility for cleaning guest rooms and common areas along with providing excellence in guest service. The Room Attendant will meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs and may include weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish and service guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures.
· Greet any and all guests with a "Good Morning" (or afternoon, evening).
· Assist guests with questions or requests.
· Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies.
· Empty wastebaskets.
· Rearrange furnishings, drapes and room accessories.
· Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests in accordance with the guest room legend.
· Leave the guest room in uniform arrangement as determined by the Executive Housekeeper and make sure the door is closed and the room is locked.
· Report any damage, hazards, repairs, and strangers in assigned areas.
· Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and found item. Log the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
· Clean all corridors and service areas. Respond to any projects or requests developed by the Housekeeping management team.
· Properly and safely use cleaning agents.
· Responsible for the pass key security and assuring that it is turned in at the end of each shift or according to the specific hotel guidelines.
· Know and use reasonable care for the safety and security of fellow coworkers and guests.
· Restock cart at end of shift and organize the linen closet to prepare for the next day.
· Report any exceptional and/or unusual circumstances, such as no luggage in a stay-over room, no service needed, sleep-outs, guests smoking in rooms, etc. to the on duty supervisor or manager.
· Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
· Minimum 1-year of experience in customer service or similar role.
· Basic writing skills, professional communication skills.
· Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
SCHEDULE: 8AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday