Goodwin William Staffing is looking for a qualified Shop Foreman to join our team near Hampton, VA. The Shop Foreman will effectively develop and manage heavy highway and general contracting shop operations in a matter that promotes customer satisfaction and profitability.
Direct Hire / Full Benefits Package
Description of Duties:
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Maintain shop, tools, and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoice processing, employee time posting, parts orders, and customer follow up.
- Manage day to day operations including staff and schedules to ensure timely repair progression.
- Set up and implement preventative / proactive maintenance program.
- Budget and plan for winter maintenance activities including staff, parts, schedule, and equipment.
- Maintain equipment history files including regular and preventative maintenance, rebuilds, labor, costs, warranties, etc.
- Manage procurement of parts, inventory, and fuel management through purchase order system (JDE).
- Work as part of leadership team to communicate critical decisions with integrity, quality, urgency, and teamwork.
- Conduct weekly tailgate safety meetings and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Interview, select, train, discipline and terminate employees as needed.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Direct Report: Construction Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- management and heavy equipment maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person